A few days ago I had a bit of a rough day. I went through it cleaning vomit of a child, and spilled milk. In fact, four spilled milks in total at one table, all purposely. It's funny now, after the fact, but at the time I wasn't so simply amused.
Today I helped celebrate a child's birthday. I got to move the pinata around, and help cut cake. It was actually a relaxing and fun day. I've fallen in love with these kids. Each one of them has a piece and soul of the future. I suppose this experience will always be a piece of my life.
Over the weekend I had the opportunity to see the beautiful Lake Atitlan. The lake itself is stunning, with crystal clear blue water, surrounded by moutainous volcanos. The scenery was so epic, unlike anything I've ever seen before.
This whole country is like a miracle to me. and I don't think I'll ever find "home" quite like this ever again..
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You never know, you may be back there eventually. It's surprising though, after spending this time in a different country you will become more aware of how lucky you are to live the life you have, but also become more aware of the things wrong in this country. Sometimes I feel guilty that I was born in America and have been privileged to live a life that few others in the world can. I am glad you had the chance to live a dream. Now, let's see if others care enough to keep us updated with their adventure.
ReplyDelete