Sunday, February 1, 2009

I was immunized on Saturday for Hepatitis A and Typhoid Fever. I also got a prescription for the oral Malaria Pill, which basically completes my medical requirements for Guatemala City. I also got a hold of some of the most potent insect repellents that are on the market. Evidently, it is some fancy brand the military uses, and I should feel fancy that I am *hopefully* going to be protected in my stay.

I've also learned of my placement in Guatemala City. I will be working at a primary (kinder) school teaching, helping, playing, and more or less wholey interacting with the children. I am fairly excited, even though I don't have experience with children beyond the occasional babysitting endeavor. I think with my silly, and almost ridiculously giggly personality it may actually be fitting, but I'm not going to fill my head with expectations just yet. I'm trying to see if I can go without expectations, and thus, be open to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment