As I ready for my departure tomorrow at seven, I feel a certain amount of unease and worry that maybe this trip will prove too trying for me. The concept of achieving a dream is often an arduous path, but none of this could be considered any less than a blessing to me. The fact I am actually going to go, actually going to be doing this in a country I have researched for years is still a wonder to me. Many dreams remain unachieved because of fear, worry, and like attributes that make people convince themselves that they are not capable, for whatever reason, of doing what they feel is their purpose. I didn't used to realize it until recently, but I was very much one of those people, who neglected their dreams because of responsibility, and ultimately, fear of the unknown.
I have a friend who inspired me to finally go and achieve my dreams, no matter what the circumstance. If it weren't for her light and determination, I quite doubt mine would be possible. Thank you for your help, as you know this is about you, firefly.
I am steadily learning this experience will likely bring me more enlightenment than a semester in school would, so while I felt kind of strange about cutting a semester in college for this, I imagine my travels will be worth it. My last excuse for not achieving my dream became school, and now that I am not in school this semester, I am out of comfortable excuses, and that may prove to be my making or my downfall. I haven't figured out which yet. I do know this; I adore the spanish language, and I adore helping others. I just hope I can be good enough for this program, and that changing the world is not as hard to conquer as I percieve it to be.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please be a responsible tourist and do not damage any of the antiquities. Remember: what is not yours...is Mayan.
ReplyDelete